Low Country Shrimp and Cheese Grits
On my way home from Hilton Head this weekend, I saw a big sign for fresh shrimp, peaches, and tomatoes off the highway, so, obviously I stopped to get some - heads on and all. The best is cracking the head off and sucking up the insides. Uhh, I hope that doesn’t sound too gross.
I used Bobby Flay’s recipe for low country shrimp and cheese grits. I omitted the butter because a ton of cheese goes into the grits, but don’t worry. I totally sauteed those little shrimps in the bacon grease (after I drained a bit off, of course!). The only difference between Bobbly Flay’s and Paula Deen’s recipes is a tablespoon of butter. Guess which Food Network personality added the extra fat?
On the side and not pictured: collard greens (with a little bacon) and stewed tomatoes (which I ate over the leftover cheese grits the next day).
Day 12 (i think): A song by a band you hate…
Well, gosh, I’m going to have to go with Someday by Nickelback. Grossness.
Tomorrow: Continuing the southern country cookin’ tour with fried chicken. Oh yeah.
- enlightenedrogue reblogged this from gastromonstrosity and added:
- drusillabloeme likes this
- chantttal reblogged this from loveandpalmtrees
- laissoliveira reblogged this from loveandpalmtrees
- higheels--highopes reblogged this from loveandpalmtrees
- loveandpalmtrees reblogged this from loveandpalmtrees
- my-hullabaloo likes this
- gastromonstrosity posted this